What have you done today to lower your impact?

We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.

Blog Archive

Wednesday 25 February 2009

Local Food in Bermuda

Ironically, I'm eating more local food here in Bermuda, a country that imports almost everything it consumes, than anywhere else I've lived. I'm right in the bustling heart of Hamilton, the biggest town on the island, and every saturday there is a farmers market.

Wadson's Farm is a long standing organic farm and has some of the best lettuce I've ever eaten. They are also harvesting carrots, leeks, cauliflower, and more right now. We've known members of this family for many years as my wife taught some of the girls last time we lived here. It really is wonderful to talk to the farmer, tour his operation, and feel so confident about the food you eat. If you can do it where you live I heartily recommend it.

No comments: