What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (159)
- Why Sustainable living?
- What is Green Energy?
- I might have spoke too soon about Vilsack
- It's a good day at the USDA
- Sustainable development in Bermuda?
- Local Food in Bermuda
- Yowza! Sounds like science fiction but it isn't
- WWF's Earth Hour 2009
- Recommended gardening website
- Geoengineering, Sequestering Crops, Another Bad Id...
- James Hansen: The Sword of Damocles from Celsias.c...
- GM crops increase pesticide use
- Good news for a change
- UK Commitment to Efficiency
- When it comes to power generation-Small is Beautif...
- While away the hours looking into the future
- Scientists to speak out
- The Crimes of Monsanto
- A Living Nightmare
- The US can reduce energy use by 30% through effici...
- Sustainable agriculture = sustainable food supply
- It's Cold Outside
- Coal or Aviation?
- British Columbia Coastline Faces Being Shaken and ...
- ▼ February (24)
Thursday, 26 February 2009
It's a good day at the USDA
Obama has appointed Kathleen Merrigan as #2 at the USDA. This is really good news. After his choice of Tom Vilsack as #1, you'll see him peeking out of Monsanto's pocket, it was clearly necessary to get someone in there who prefers agriculture over agribusiness. Read about it at Scientific American, what do you know about that, a scientist in a position of power in a department dealing with natural science! Will wonders never cease.