Check out this article over at Organic Consumers Association regarding the US EPA's efforts to protect corporate interests, surprise surprise, at the cost of the environment. This time it involves a pesticide banned in Germany and France for years now due to it's danger to bees, those hard workers upon which "every third mouthful of food" we eat depends.
" 'This is a real mystery right now," said Dr. Gabriela Chavarria, director of NRDC's Science Center. "EPA needs to help shed some light so that researchers can get to work on this problem. This isn't just an issue for farmers -- this is an issue that concerns us all. Just try to imagine a pizza without the contribution of bees! No tomatoes. No cheese. No peppers. If you eat apples, cucumbers, broccoli, onions, squash, carrots, avocados, or cherries, you need to be concerned.' "
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (159)
- ► 2009 (353)
- Is being green so hard?-By Robb
- Like to eat? Then save the Bees!
- Time for Plan B
- Free from Power Day
- Thanks from Robb
- Tar Sands oil crimes video part 1
- Tar Sands oil crimes video part 2
- Tar Sands oil crimes video part 3
- Yikes! consuming again - by Robb
- The tyranny of Consumerism - by Robb
- Mitigate, adapt, or both?
- Still in doubt? Check this out.
- WWF report- "Weathercocks and Signposts"
- ▼ August (14)