As oil companies ride rough shod over the environment of Alberta in a rush to extract profit from the earth they are destroying carbon sequestering arboreal forest ecosystems, creating huge toxic tailing ponds, leaving a legacy of cancer in the local communities through the toxification of the Athabasca river, and burning enough natural gas/day to heat 3 million Canadian homes. And who are they doing this for? American drivers, who else.
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (159)
- ► 2009 (353)
- Is being green so hard?-By Robb
- Like to eat? Then save the Bees!
- Time for Plan B
- Free from Power Day
- Thanks from Robb
- Tar Sands oil crimes video part 1
- Tar Sands oil crimes video part 2
- Tar Sands oil crimes video part 3
- Yikes! consuming again - by Robb
- The tyranny of Consumerism - by Robb
- Mitigate, adapt, or both?
- Still in doubt? Check this out.
- WWF report- "Weathercocks and Signposts"
- ▼ August (14)