"Genetic engineering is a threat to food security, especially in a changing climate. The introduction of genetically manipulated organisms by choice or by accident grossly undermines sustainable agriculture and in so doing, severely limits the choice of food we can eat.
Once GE plants are released into the environment, they are out of control. If anything goes wrong - they are impossible to recall.
GE contamination threatens biodiversity respected as the global heritage of humankind, and one of our world's fundamental keys to survival."
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- Video - Once in a lifetime
- Vote for completion, and against racism and the wa...
- Video - Climate Denial Crock of the Week - Extinct...
- Relish, rain, and clean fresh air
- Video - This is What Global Warming looks like.
- Video - Breathe
- Video - Imagine
- Today is the International Day Against Monoculture...
- My love/hate relationship with the arts. Video - B...
- Video - Good design, daylighting, and learning
- Video - The Miniature Earth . 2010 edition . Off...
- Yowza! A marathon canning session.
- Video - Genetic engineering: The world's greates...
- Taking my time
- A catchy tune, World Peak Oil Song
- It's great to stay at home
- August 2010 at the Sustainable Living Project
- ▼ September (17)
- ► 2009 (353)