RockyMtnInstitute — May 24, 2010 — Energy-related economic, security, and environmental threats are intensifying the national conversation about how to regain energy leadership and competitiveness, restore jobs and prosperity, and build a secure and climate-safe energy system.
Yet America lacks a comprehensive vision of how a market economy can achieve these transformational goals.
RMI has that vision, and is now building its detailed roadmap, which we call Reinventing Fire™. This strategy will bring together RMIs 28 years of innovation and engage the world in our most ambitious and important work yet—using whole-system thinking and integrative design to move the U.S. off fossil fuels by 2050, led by business for profit.
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- The Autorockawasher 5000
- Another Long Day
- Climate Change - Meet the Scientists
- Beat the heat
- Video - Reinventing Fire
- Initial off grid calculations and rain, at last!
- Hours of drama without a TV
- Sunshine, plants, and baby birds.
- What a hoot! Sure to cheer you up..... if you like...
- Almost the lowest tech washing machine
- Video - Leave it all behind
- Video - The Genetic Conspiracy
- GM crops bring higher pesticide use, not less. No ...
- No Excuse
- ▼ May (14)
- ► 2009 (353)