What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- The Autorockawasher 5000
- Another Long Day
- Climate Change - Meet the Scientists
- Beat the heat
- Video - Reinventing Fire
- Initial off grid calculations and rain, at last!
- Hours of drama without a TV
- Sunshine, plants, and baby birds.
- What a hoot! Sure to cheer you up..... if you like...
- Almost the lowest tech washing machine
- Video - Leave it all behind
- Video - The Genetic Conspiracy
- GM crops bring higher pesticide use, not less. No ...
- No Excuse
- ▼ May (14)
- ► 2009 (353)
Monday, 3 May 2010
We are traveling again. After all our good intentions to find a cruise to America the logistics were untenable and we are taking a flight. We have managed to avoid any short haul flights but ultimately we have once again failed to avoid flying. Chock it up to convenience; we couldn't get an affordable cruise prior to the end of June and we need to get out of where we are living ASAP, any cruise taken would have involved significant hassle at the other end as the US passenger train situation is a bit of an unknown, we don't want to wait to get our project started, doubts about the relative carbon emissions benefits of transatlantic air travel versus cruise ships. I could continue with the rationale but ultimately it is about the convenience and affordability of air travel. As I said in the title, No Excuse.