"It is the single largest threat to production agriculture that we have ever seen."
- Andrew Wargo III, the president of the Arkansas Association of Conservation Districts, quoted in a must-read New York Times article by William Neuman and Andrew Pollack, May 4, 2010, "Farmers Cope With Roundup-Resistant Weeds." The article describes how overuse of Monsanto's Roundup on Monsanto's Roundup Ready GMO crops has resulted in a new generation of superweeds that must be sprayed with highly toxic pesticides. " - OCA
As reported over at Organic Consumers Association, overuse of Monsanto's roundup, the basic intent of the development of Monsanto GM seeds, has resulted, as predicted by scientists not in the employ of agribusiness, in the development of superweeds requiring excessive doses of herbicides, read the full story here.
The World According to Monsanto (US NTSC Format)
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- The Autorockawasher 5000
- Another Long Day
- Climate Change - Meet the Scientists
- Beat the heat
- Video - Reinventing Fire
- Initial off grid calculations and rain, at last!
- Hours of drama without a TV
- Sunshine, plants, and baby birds.
- What a hoot! Sure to cheer you up..... if you like...
- Almost the lowest tech washing machine
- Video - Leave it all behind
- Video - The Genetic Conspiracy
- GM crops bring higher pesticide use, not less. No ...
- No Excuse
- ▼ May (14)
- ► 2009 (353)