Finished digging a long thin strip bed for corn, beans and squash
More heavy landscaping; creating 2 terraces with cut logs 14" to 22" long by 15" in diameter
Ripped out the nasty old lino in the bathroom, more cleaning
Got started organizing the workshop under the house
Lots of hand watering in the garden
Planted and replanted
In the middle of it all we played a game of scrabble over a lovely lunch before some restful internet research during the heat of the day. Checked out this new type of treated wood.
and some rainwater storage tanks.
And now to go read my book (see below) and go to bed. This one is our current bible.
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- The Autorockawasher 5000
- Another Long Day
- Climate Change - Meet the Scientists
- Beat the heat
- Video - Reinventing Fire
- Initial off grid calculations and rain, at last!
- Hours of drama without a TV
- Sunshine, plants, and baby birds.
- What a hoot! Sure to cheer you up..... if you like...
- Almost the lowest tech washing machine
- Video - Leave it all behind
- Video - The Genetic Conspiracy
- GM crops bring higher pesticide use, not less. No ...
- No Excuse
- ▼ May (14)
- ► 2009 (353)