Clearly, allowing insurance companies to continue to call the shots is not workable. Without compassionate affordable healthcare the health of major portions of the population of the US is likely unsustainable. According to the Harvard study Mr. Grayson mentions in the video over 48,000 Americans die each year due to lack of health care. And now they want to require us to have health insurance without a public option. That is just corporate welfare in the extreme. WE NEED A PUBLIC OPTION!
We have more important fish to fry, like Climate change and Peak Oil, and can't afford to waste any more of our time and resources lining the pockets of insurance company executives and shareholders. Get it done and move on!
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- December (4)
- November (3)
- October (4)
- September (6)
- August (14)
- July (4)
- June (7)
- May (5)
- April (6)
- March (2)
- February (2)
- January (3)
- December (6)
- November (7)
- October (9)
- September (17)
- August (10)
- July (13)
- June (11)
- May (14)
- April (19)
- March (26)
- February (17)
- January (10)
- December (27)
- November (23)
- Are you qualified or important enough to know abou...
- Video - How to Boil A Frog presents Anita Burke
- Video - Copenhagen Kids
- Write on Repower America's wall
- Video - CNN's Gupta: Sugary Drink Tax Needed
- Junk food taxes? An idea whose time has come.
- Is there a happy ending?
- Video - Vulnerable Customers and Fuel Poverty
- Fuel Poverty Worsens in the UK
- Video - Economics & Government : What Is Environme...
- The hidden costs of burning fossil fuels
- Video - NWF Climate Scientist on Latest Sea Level ...
- Sea level rise and you
- Video - New Solar Powered Clothes Dryer - The Clot...
- Save the Clotheslines!
- Video - The Connection Show - Organic, Local, Farm...
- World Food Day - Organic Is the Answer to Food Sec...
- Video - Transition Westcliff - Life After Oil
- Transition Bermuda update
- Video - Transition TV - Eat the Suburbs: Gardening...
- Video - Acid Test: The Global Challenge of Ocean A...
- Our Oceans need our help
- Video - Geoff Lawton at the Permaculture Research ...
- Permaculture, self reliance and growing your own.
- WE NEED A PUBLIC OPTION!
- Video - Alan Grayson: "If the President has a BLT ...
- Video - Break Up with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce...
- "Green" companies still supporting US Chamber psue...
- Video - Peak Oil Visually Explained
- Is Peak Oil going mainstream?
- Video - Wind Farm in My Backyard: ScienCentral Rep...
- Video - Just a little fun - If Star Wars was writt...
- The potential of the US wind resource
- Video - Greenpeace - How cattle ranching is destro...
- Land use, climate change and our future.
- Video - The Story of Stuff
- GHG Emissions from products and packaging
- Slideshow - PCI - The future is all about resilien...
- Happy Birthday to the Mahatma
- Video - Organic Farming Lessens Global Warming
- Carbon sequestration in natural systems
- September (44)
- August (17)
- July (12)
- June (34)
- May (38)
- April (18)
- March (46)
- February (24)
- January (27)