What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- The Judeo Christian bedrock of environmentalism
- Climate Denial Crock of the Week
- AKG #5 - Hickory at last
- Local Food saves Vermont town
- Are you sure you are not eating GM tainted food?
- Bamboo and first cucumber
- GOP corporate hack apologizes to BP!
- The Skeeters are out! Use the no spray way.
- Don't Panic, Go Organic
- Video - A food Desert in the Delta
- cooking efficiently
- ▼ June (11)
- ► 2009 (353)
Sunday, 20 June 2010
Bamboo and first cucumber
After just over 6 weeks we are making progress. I've just had a sandwich made with our first harvested basil accompanied by our first harvested cucumber. Yesterday I harvested Bamboo at a friends house and today I trimmed it and hung it to dry. This batch is destined for our grape arbor. 12 pieces at 20 feet by an average 1.5" in diameter. It also produced a goodly pile of trimmings for the leaf mold pile as well as some small stuff for plant stakes, rebar, and pins for bamboo construction.