We've been paying the environmental and health costs of using dirty coal to generate electricity while the dirty coal industry reaps the profits and leaves it's filth for us to clean up. From formerly beautiful appalachian valleys and streams now choked with the blasted refuse of mountaintop removal, to the effects of climate change drying out the west, drowning the east, and threatening to overwhelm our meager attempts to change. And now here we have finally drafted a climate bill, not an ambitious one but a first attempt upon which we can build, and what does the dirty coal industry do? They write a letter, through their humble servants in government of course, to see to it that they continue to be given an out for the damage the cause, they want free permits to emit carbon! What do they think a climate bill is about?
read more over at Care2Causes.
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (159)
- World Oil Production Forecast - Update November 20...
- Video - Contraction and Convergence animation from...
- My permaculture education begins!
- Video - Ted Talks - Rob Hopkins - Transition to a ...
- Videos - Tim Jackson - Prosperity without growth
- Video - Ted - Rachel Pike: The science behind a cl...
- Video - FAIR FOOD: FIELD TO TABLE
- The climate train has left the station.
- Video - Princes Rainforest Project - Prepare for C...
- Video - California could dry up and blow away
- Transition Bermuda solar batch heater wins an inno...
- Video - Cole's Carbon Credit Clearing House
- Dirty Coal, at it again!
- IEA has been intentionally misleading us about pea...
- Video - RMI 125 Corporate Leadership and restorati...
- Restorative Business
- Video - Hatchery Horrors
- video - Earthships 1/3 Michael Reynolds The Garbag...
- Half measures won't cut it! Business as Usual is o...
- Video - Coal River Mountain, WV: Coal River Wind P...
- The Official Meatrix I
- The Official Meatrix II: Revolting
- The Official Meatrix II ½
- ▼ November (23)