Recent polls have shown that Americans are in favor of dealing with Climate Change through the regulation of greenhouse gases. As reported at Worldchanging;
"the new Washington Post/ABC poll of 1,072 Americans (here) found: While majorities across the board support government regulation of greenhouse gases, it peaks among liberals (88%) and under 30s (80%), vs. 61% of conservatives and 64% of seniors. Support also ranges from 85% of Democrats, 65% “strongly,” to 64% of Republicans, 39% strongly. Concern about its cost is broader, and stronger, among those who’d presumably be hit hardest — lower-income adults. ... Americans appear to fully understand the worst-case consequences of what they are supporting. Imagine how the polling will ultimately turn out when President Obama and his team actually launches an all out messaging blitz on energy and climate action, with a tax cut for the poor and middle class, with aggressive strategies to lower their energy bills and create green clean energy jobs, and with a clear message of the cost to Americans of inaction." - Joe Romm
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (159)
- Peak Oil explained in video
- Foraging in Bermuda - Surinam Cherry
- Richard Heinberg on Resilient Communities-Part One...
- Richard Heinberg on Resilient Communities-Part Two...
- Richard Heinberg on Resilient Communities-Part Thr...
- Richard Heinberg on Resilient Communities-Part Fou...
- Richard Heinberg on Resilient Communities-Part Fiv...
- Richard Heinberg on Resilient Communities-Part Six...
- Sustainability or Resilience?
- Not every barrel of oil is alike.
- Zero Carbon Britain
- Wales, the greenest country on earth?
- Get Former Monsanto Lobbyist off of the Food safet...
- Peak Oil update
- Expecting Grandchildren?
- The Powerdown Show
- Can Genetically modified crops feed the World?
- Energy Payback on Solar Panels
- Non GMO when buying dairy
- The Story of Stuff
- Are you ready to take the No GMO Challenge?
- How CEO's get more pay.
- Moral Offsets for climate destroying behaviours?
- Transition - 400 fruit trees in Kilkenney
- NPR allows Monsanto propaganda on it's programs
- James Howard Kuntsler OCA interview
- New Urbanism vs. Suburbanism
- Smart Grid basics
- Climate Change: Dire Consequences for California's...
- Food Choices and Health
- Ventilation and indoor air quality
- From defunct playset to resilience boosting raised...
- Eat cheaply, eat nutritiously and sustainably.
- The difference between just growing your own and d...
- Fear and loathing fighting Big Dirty Coal
- In Transition -From Oil Dependency to Local Resili...
- Planted your garden yet?
- Americans support regulating Greenhouse Gases
- ▼ May (38)