That's the US debt as of 26 Oct 2008 at 08:35:16 AM GMT.
Thanks to the US National Debt Clock.
While Cheney and Bush laugh all the way to the bank, watching their 11th hour efforts to completely privatize all aspects of life succeed in a big way, the people on your street are losing their homes, their jobs, their schools, their health care.
Naomi Klein, in a lecture, over on Radio Ecoshock, drawn from her book "The Shock Doctrine, the Rise of Disaster Capitalism" maintains that this recent plundering of the commons by corporate raiders is not only a transfer of wealth to the elites but also an attempt by the right to insure that the next president does not have the resources necessary to transition the US economy away from exploitative, extractive, and war mongering industries towards a greener sustainable foundation. They will maintain that we cannot afford it due to so called "economic and financial realities" as defined by the very thieving industries that create these harsh realities. Sound far fetched?
Klein says we've seen it before. President Clinton abandoned his attempts to reform NAFTA towards social justice and fight for his universal health care plans on the advice of treasury secretary Robert Rubin that he accept "economic realities".
Guess what, Robert Rubin is one of Obama's top economic advisors. The fox is not only in the hen house he has set up shop and is raising the chickens for his own personal slaughter.
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (159)
- ► 2009 (353)
- James H Kuntsler
- School food and family farms
- Apologies from Robb
- Climate-proofing the World\'s Food Supply | Use Ce...
- John McCain: We know you by now ... | Use Celsias....
- 9 Ways To Go Local
- California, America\'s ‘Leader of the Pack\', to A...
- No Child Left Inside: Why We Need to Get Kids Outs...
- Debt, usury, and plunder of the commons
- Bye Bye Buzz?
- Whew! At last an "energy expert" VP! - By Robb
- Soil, organics, and Co2 - by Robb
- Count your blessings
- #5 Sheffield Star Green Scene Submission - by Robb...
- The Bad, the Worse and the Downright Lethal | cels...
- The Other Bail-Out | celsias°
- The Green Collar Economy: How One Solution Can Fix...
- Musings on science, religion, and us - By Robb
- The stove - by Robb
- Industrial Agricultural menace
- 2nd Free From Power Day Report - By Robb
- October Free from Power Day
- Crimes against humanity?
- Those who choose to ignore history..........
- Where's POGO?
- Wild food #1 - Yew Berries
- Broccoli Set to Rewrite Patent History in Europe |...
- ▼ October (28)