I managed to complete the Glasshouse, built from reused windows, and installed the first planting. We'll raise some greens throughout the winter, it is south facing, and will thus reduce our consumption of non local food. As you can see in the picture the lid is rigged to raise and lower to regulate heat. Also the windows on each end of the lid can be operated independently. As you can see in the second picture Annie took her duties as foredog very seriously. I also took some time to spend some birthday cash on some books I've been wanting, see the links below.
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- Just Say No to GMO music video by Mike Adams the H...
- My Glasshouse on Re-Nest
- Harvest the leaves!
- The economic value of ecosystem services
- What was I thinking?! Grazing for dinner.
- Video - Tim Jackson - Economic Collapse or Prosper...
- Rob Hopkins @ Transition Derby
- 10/10/10 work day, progress report
- 350.org global work day for the climate, our proje...
- ▼ October (9)
- ► 2009 (353)