"The Story of Cosmetics, released on July 21st, 2010, examines the pervasive use of toxic chemicals in our everyday personal care products, from lipstick to baby shampoo. Produced with Free Range Studios and hosted by Annie Leonard, the seven-minute film by The Story of Stuff Project reveals the implications for consumer and worker health and the environment, and outlines ways we can move the industry away from hazardous chemicals and towards safer alternatives. The film concludes with a call for viewers to support legislation aimed at ensuring the safety of cosmetics and personal care products."
If you want to check if your favorite concoctions are really bad for you check out Environmental Working Group's "Skin Deep" Database
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- Video - Anna Lappe - Diet for a Hot Planet
- Fresh Cantaloupe for breakfast! Delicious and nutr...
- Check out Instructables
- Video - The Story of Cosmetics by Annie Leonard
- Ted Talks - Brian Skerry reveals ocean's glory -- ...
- The Future of Food
- Video - Fire and Ice: Permafrost Melt Spews Combus...
- Video - Climate Denial Crock of the Week part 1
- Video - Climate Denial Crock of the Week Part 2
- Listen to Climate Wars by Gwynne Dyer
- A Windy Night
- What we stand to lose, endangered species
- Sad News: The demise of the AutoRockaWasher 5000
- ▼ July (13)
- ► 2009 (353)