Check out this video
The Future of Food by Deborah Koons Garcia
Thanks to the Organic Consumers Association for the heads up. Here is an excerpt of what they have to say about this informative film.
"The Future of Food has been a key tool in the US and international anti-GMO grassroots activist movements. The film premiered at Film Forum in New York City in 2004 and has played all over the world in theaters, at film, food and farming festivals, and community gatherings, including a screening in Minneapolis with Ronnie Cummins, Mark Ritchie and Deborah Garcia on the panel. The film is acknowledged for its role in educating voters and the subsequent success of passing Measure H in Mendocino County, California, the first local initiative in the country to ban the planting of GMO crops. There are now hundreds of GMO-free zones."
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- Video - Anna Lappe - Diet for a Hot Planet
- Fresh Cantaloupe for breakfast! Delicious and nutr...
- Check out Instructables
- Video - The Story of Cosmetics by Annie Leonard
- Ted Talks - Brian Skerry reveals ocean's glory -- ...
- The Future of Food
- Video - Fire and Ice: Permafrost Melt Spews Combus...
- Video - Climate Denial Crock of the Week part 1
- Video - Climate Denial Crock of the Week Part 2
- Listen to Climate Wars by Gwynne Dyer
- A Windy Night
- What we stand to lose, endangered species
- Sad News: The demise of the AutoRockaWasher 5000
- ▼ July (13)
- ► 2009 (353)