How does 20 million new jobs by 2030 sound?
How about a growth in GDP of 9 trillion dollars by 2030?
According to the National Association of Manufacturers that is what we will get from a commitment to the Waxman-Markey Climate bill. For all you "growth is god" capitalists out there this should be good news. If it is then contact your senators and tell them so. You can do it quite easily at the Care2 petition site.
Read more at Climate Progress.
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (159)
- It is soooo windy here!
- Greenpeace action on Mt. Rushmore
- Sustainable Fashion?
- Water, too precious to waste.
- Health Insurance Reform Reality Check
- Meatless Mondays - what a great idea!
- The Climate Bill is an economic necessity
- Meat Eating is 'Huge Contributor' to Climate Chang...
- Organic food still the best nutritional choice
- A slim population is a more sustainable one.
- Monsanto and Fox News
- Remember when soy was a "healthy" alternative to m...
- No Impact Man - The movie trailer
- Video - "Creepy at the EPA" by Peter Sinclair
- Malawi Newsletter 2009 – 2
- Living with less points out room for improvement
- ▼ August (17)