As reported over at Worldchanging where you can read the whole story and watch a video showing the project in midtown Manhattan.
"the counterintuitive truth is that taking away space for cars can improve traffic while making the city safer and more enjoyable for everyone on foot."
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (159)
- Accomodate cars less to improve city life and traf...
- Living out of a backpack
- Peak Oil on Forbes.com
- Medical group urges ending use of GM foods
- Going off grid and offline for 2 weeks
- A new bicycle commuting system rolls out in North ...
- DIY solar cooker
- Bermuda proposes a solar PV farm
- Measure it to Manage it!
- The best government money can buy!
- The environmental toll of plastics
- Employment opportunities presented through Transit...
- ▼ July (12)