"In early 2011, ClimatePrep.org had a chance to sit down with Jared Diamond to talk about climate change, the challenges presented to conservation and development practitioners, and the opportunities he sees in confronting them.
Pulitzer Prize-winning author Jared Diamond is a world-renowned expert on ancient societies. His now famous book, Collapse, is a study of the choices societies have made throughout history in the face of change -- climate change, as well as others -- and the consequences of such choices.
To learn more about ways people around the world are preparing for and responding to climate change visit www.ClimatePrep.org"
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- Sustainable living video - Jared Diamond: Thoughts...
- some more results regarding our efficiency measure...
- Household efficiency skyrockets while bank account...
- Sustainable Living video - Sust Enable: The Metame...
- Check out our day lilies!
- I dig this gal's outlook and ethos. Wear Nothing N...
- Crow Garlic
- ▼ June (7)
- ► 2010 (159)
- ► 2009 (353)