"The Obama administration has allocated $8 billion for high-speed rail projects taking shape across the U.S., but critics say the projects are too expensive."
I'm all for increased public transportation, anything to get us out of our climate destroying cars and airplanes. I loved riding the chunnel high speed train from England to France. Trains are so much more civilized a mode of transport than planes and auto's. We got by in the UK just fine for two years without a car. However, I'm not sure about putting a high speed line in Florida. Why build it just to watch it get washed away in a decade or two?
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- Buying less food does not equal driving less, for ...
- Climate Denial Crock of the Week - The “Earth is c...
- Please, just check it out, James Hansen's new Webs...
- Video - TED - Sheryl WuDunn: Our century's greates...
- The trillionth tonne
- Video - Another chapter in the life of a Plastic B...
- Video - High-Speed Rails Too Expensive?
- Video - The Majestic Plastic Bag - A Mockumentary
- DAVID FRIDLEY: The 'Pipe Dream' of Energy Independ...
- Video - Global Warming: Is it True?
- ▼ August (10)
- ► 2009 (353)