"Post Carbon Institute Renewable Energy Fellow David Fridley discusses global renewable energy technology development and what may be a 'pipe dream' of energy independence. Fridley also draws the distinction between efficiency and conservation.
Since 1995, David Fridley has been a staff scientist at the Energy Analysis Program at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California. He is also deputy group leader of Lawrence Berkeley's China Energy Group, which collaborates with China on end-user energy efficiency, government energy management programs, and energy policy research. Mr. Fridley has nearly 30 years of experience working and living in China in the energy sector, and is a fluent Mandarin speaker. He spent 12 years working in the petroleum industry both as a consultant on downstream oil markets in the Asia-Pacific region and as business development manager for Caltex China. He has written and spoken extensively on the energy and ecological limits of biofuels."
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- Buying less food does not equal driving less, for ...
- Climate Denial Crock of the Week - The “Earth is c...
- Please, just check it out, James Hansen's new Webs...
- Video - TED - Sheryl WuDunn: Our century's greates...
- The trillionth tonne
- Video - Another chapter in the life of a Plastic B...
- Video - High-Speed Rails Too Expensive?
- Video - The Majestic Plastic Bag - A Mockumentary
- DAVID FRIDLEY: The 'Pipe Dream' of Energy Independ...
- Video - Global Warming: Is it True?
- ▼ August (10)
- ► 2009 (353)