What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- simple pleasures - a cast iron pan
- Are you a citizen or a consumer?
- A little glimmer of sanity in government
- Human Impact!
- Video - Jamie Oliver's TED Prize wish: Teach every...
- It's not either/or
- Bill Gates on energy: Innovating to zero!
- Video - Oxfam - Follow the Money
- Monsanto Indian Farmer Suicide
- The next AKG podcast audio
- Worldchanging: Bright Green: Bill Gates: the Most ...
- The Sustainable Living Project podcast episode #2 ...
- Shooting our foot while ankle deep in acidic seas
- High temperatures beat lows - Gerald Meehl (NCAR) ...
- The black soldier fly and composting
- USDA Food Environment Atlas launched by Michelle O...
- Watchout for fake organic cosmetics
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2009 (353)
Sunday, 21 February 2010
It's not either/or
Yes we can have both! We can make major changes in our lifestyles, changes that reduce our impact on the ecosystem which supports us, while living in a convenient and comfortable style right in the homes and neighborhoods where we find ourselves, we can have faith in and gain strength from one of the myriad of world religions while still accepting the science of evolution, we can enjoy the snow (4 inches of fresh beautiful snow in Sheffield this morning) and accept the realities of climate change.