What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- President Obama Calls for Clean Energy and Climate...
- Genetically modified health threat
- Video - The Impossible Hamster?
- The Sustainable Living Project podcast episode at ...
- The Sustainable Living Project
- The scientists predicted more extreme weather and ...
- Video - I Love Mountains Day - Wendell Berry
- "Questionnaire" by Wendell Berry and child mortali...
- Video - Resurgence - Elegant Simplicity
- Ringing in the New Year, a resolution of simplicit...
- ▼ January (10)
- ► 2009 (353)
Sunday, 31 January 2010
Genetically modified health threat
Not only has genetically modified corn led to increased pesticide use when it was supposed to reduce it, it has led to the destruction of small family farms and the small businesses such as seed cleaners, increasing unemployment and driving people off the land. Now, as many have suspected for years it is becoming apparent that it is really bad for your health, it has been found to cause organ damage in lab animals. Please sign the petition to take it off the market until such time as it has been properly studied by independent scientists rather than the paid corporate hacks who produce corporate psuedo science to dupe our leaders.
Take GM corn off the shelves!