“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it comes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group,” - Franklin Delano Roosevelt
How stupid do these right wing corporate sponsored ideologue climate deniers think the American people are? First to obviously misrepresent comments from illegally hacked emails taken out of context and then to liken climate scientists to fascists!? Do they not realize that it is their very activities done to further the control of the US government by private corporate interests that comes the closest to fascism since the no bid contracts, theft of the commons, and disastrous financial deregulation of Bush administration?
The deceitful vitriol spewed by these corporate toadies is an attempt to stave off sensible and necessary regulation of emissions that threaten the short term profits of the modern robber barons. They see the success the banksters have had in their recent raid on the public purse and are hoping to get some for themselves. They want to keep cashing in at the expense of the worlds poor and working class.
Read more at Climate Progress.
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (159)
- "Why We Should All Eat More Organic Food" from OCA...
- Crashing the Corporate Christmas Party
- Video - My Feelings Exactly Mr. Gelbspan!
- Thrift is truly orginal haute couture - The Thrif...
- video - Climate Change Puts Ecosystems on the Run
- Maybe I was too hasty to get depressed about Copen...
- Watch Democracy Now! interview with James Hansen.
- Now that's encouraging!
- Copenhagen!? I couldn't have said it better than M...
- Video - English town's climate lessons from Al Jaz...
- The Prince of Wales' speech at Copenhagen
- Naresh Giangrande interviews Tim Jackson
- Who do you want to control your food supply?
- It's up to us.
- Video - The Story of Cap and Trade
- Global Warming from A to Z
- Hottest decade on record!
- Fascism? Now that's the pot calling the kettle bla...
- Video - Climate Denial Crock of the Week -Smacking...
- Video - Blue Gold: World Water Wars
- Climate change in 6 easy bites by Gavin Schmidt, N...
- Video - Justice Now - Chevron Texaco in the Amazon...
- The 7 Things Scientists Want You to Know About Cli...
- It's Always Christmas Time for Visa!
- Canada going off the deep end!
- Video - COPENHAGEN Lord Monckton rap battles Al Go...
- Will Allen's Good Food Manifesto
- ▼ December (27)