Thanks to Organic Consumers Association for this quote, click on the link to read more about Edible Education;
"It will take money from our state and federal governments, and advocacy by our leaders, to change course on a ship this big. It won't be easy, because it can't happen just by lecturing kids on nutrition, or putting salad bars in cafeterias. Edible Education is...a way of making sure that children grow up feeling the soil with their own fingers, harvesting its bounty in the American sunshine, and watching their own hands make the kind of beautiful, inexpensive food that can nourish the body and the spirit. Only then will the next generations of Americans know that we don't just vote in the ballot box, we vote for the kind of world we want every time we choose what to eat."
- Alice Waters in her 2008 book "Edible Schoolyard: A Universal Idea"
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (159)
- Video- Prince Charles' Rainforest SOS appeal
- Video - Walkable cities, Enrique Penalosa
- Hi Density, Less Driving, lower emissions, given e...
- The folly that is Geo Engineering w/ video
- Video - "Local Food" with Rob Hopkins of the Trans...
- Wanna trade your excess produce from your veggie g...
- Cut your utility bills with the govt's help
- Video - Drew Jones is a hopeful guy when it comes ...
- Insufficient fuel to stoke the G20 fire
- Limits to Growth, Half measures, and the consequen...
- Video - President Nasheed Calls for 350 Action on ...
- Stand with a nation on the brink of extinction.
- Another greenpeace banner in Pittsburgh for the G2...
- US Chamber of Commerce way out of touch, PG&E quit...
- Video - A terrible thing
- Who's been getting the subsidies?
- President Obama's speech at the UN Climate Summit
- Big Media continues to shill for Big Oil
- A victory in the courts, but will it stand?
- Small but positive steps from business towards Cli...
- QUOTE- Alice Waters on Edible Education
- Fancy a glass of manure tainted water? Lemon with ...
- The Mouth Revolution
- Video - Backwards Hamburger
- Video - Grocery Store Wars
- The devastation wrought by dirty coal
- Video-Resource War-from Age of Stupid
- Thermodynamics of Local Food
- Video - Greenwashing
- Hopeful signs but still missing the low hanging fr...
- Video - Canvas Bags by Tim Minchin
- Paul Hawken Commencement Address May 2009
- New Study; Organic is Healthier and More Nutritiou...
- The Able Project
- Video-Eco Worriers #1
- The Green Economy, If we don't do it, someone else...
- Video - James Balog - Time Lapse Ice Loss
- Video; A New Sound, Green For All
- Inner Work at Transition Training
- Commit to 10:10
- Money-Driven Medicine
- New oilfields don't change a thing.
- ▼ September (44)