Peak Moment 51: Tour Scott McGuire's "White Sage Gardens" in the back yard of his rental home -- a demonstration site for suburban sustainability. He ponders, "How might a household produce and preserve a significant portion of its own food supply?" Composting, a water-conserving greenhouse, and seed-saving are all facets of this beautiful work in progress. [www.whitesagegardens.com]
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (159)
- ► 2009 (353)
- The World's First Bionic Burger
- David Garett "Gypsy Dance" for the fun of it - fro...
- Video - Franken Foods
- Food Part 3 - GM Foods - by Robb
- Eighth Deadly Sin Update - by Dave
- BRUCE COCKBURN - If A Tree Falls - posted by Robb
- Suburban Renewal - One Backyard at a Time
- The Break in the Broken Wheel - By Dave
- An Experiment in Back Yard Sustainability
- theWatt podcast
- Summary of recent climate science
- Food part 2 - Meat - by Robb
- A brief aside - by Robb
- ▼ March (13)