What have you done today to lower your impact?

We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.

Saturday 8 March 2014

My work bike

Now that we are car free again we have decided to get some bikes. I've made mine into a work bike. Here is the first use of the trailer. I picked up about 10 pounds of veggie clippings from a commercial kitchen to add to our compost. I've got about £150 or so into this bike, so far so good. Now if I can just learn to navigate roundabouts!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

When I was in school at Berea College I built a trailer for my bike and used it to buy groceries and transport my building tools. I could hold 200lbs. I learned welding while building it.

C Robb said...

Wow! That is alot of weight for a trailer! How did the bike handle with that much weight behind? What kind oF brakes did you have? Did you make a custom connector/hitch? I built one in college as well but built it too light, I was obsessed with lightweight at the time, and the axles bent on the first trip with weight. This one is all metal with plenty of support for the axles. I think the weight limit is 50kg. My plan is to use it for gathering materials and hauling my surfboard to the beach.

Cubic Zirconia Apple Green said...

I like your post very much i had nice time while reading your post

I like this site :: Penguin Recovery Service said...

Wow! This is cool! Keep it up!

RealEstates in Chennai said...


Your article is very helpful thank you very much for sharing .

Unknown said...

it was really a big help when there is tools..

Drilling Directional

Louisse said...

wow! you've got a cool bike :)


Seattle Bankruptcy Lawyer

Top rated Cubic Zirconia Jewelry outlet said...

i love to go to work using bike, i might just try

Unknown said...

that was so efficient i like it. it helps a lot

Gary Volk Design Review