I'm booking a celebratory ice skating party, Beelzebub will be spinning the tunes. As reported in the LA Times the Bush administration has finally admitted that global warming is the result of human activity. Of course, they were forced by court order to comply with a 2004 deadline as mandated by the
"1990 Global Change Research Act, requiring the White House to report every four years on the science and impact of global warming and other environmental forces."
I guess the delay was due to having to spend all that time learning about how the scientific method really works and then asking permission from Exxon to comply with the law.
What have you done today to lower your impact?
We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (159)
- ► 2009 (353)
- Hell froze over today - by Robb
- George Monbiot on Greenwash #6
- George Monbiot on Greenwash #5
- George Monbiot on Greenwash #4
- George Monbiot on Greenwash #3
- George Monbiot on Greenwash #2
- George Monbiot on Greenwash #1
- Are we ready? - by Robb
- Greenwash of the week
- What are we up to? - by Robb
- Addicted To Oil - Video by Harry Shearer
- Addicted to oil - by Blanche Cameron
- Ecotips No 3 about No. ONE (urine)
- HOMEGROWN REVOLUTION - Radical Change Taking Root
- New climate science from down under - by Robb
- Lighter side of Al Gore
- New Urbanism vs. Suburbanism
- The Suffering of Change - by Robb
- ▼ May (18)